27 July 2009

White River 50 Miler Video

Posted by Brad Hefta-Gaub under: Run.

Got in another short recovery run today. This one was slightly faster than yesterday.

I’m mostly only sore in my calves… especially on my right leg, which has a blister and stubbed big toe, so I’m limping/tip toeing a little and that’s putting more strain on my right calf.

But I got some good strides in and felt things loosening up in a good way. So hopefully I’ll be fully recovered soon.

I am still writing up a full race report. But in the mean time, here is the directors cut of my video for my White River 50 Mile run.

Workout:

• Type: Run
  • Date: 07/27/2009
  • Time: 23:59:00
  • Total Time: 00:11:00.00
  • Calories: 103
  • Distance: 1 miles
  • Average Pace: 11:00.55/mile
  • Ascent: 100 ft
  • Descent: 100 ft

Digg! this story! Digg! this story.

7 Comments so far...

shebaduhkitty Says:

28 July 2009 at 11:37 am.

congrats and good job… hope those ouchies heal fast

Will T Says:

28 July 2009 at 1:00 pm.

Great job out there Brad! You were on my tail all day long. Thanks for offering me some ibuprofen up on suntop. I think that was you. Hope to see you out on the trails more often.

Will T Says:

28 July 2009 at 1:01 pm.

And your blister & toenail put mine to shame. I better quit complaining now.

Brad Hefta-Gaub Says:

28 July 2009 at 1:12 pm.

Yes Will, that was me who offered you some iboprufen on Sun top. I was totally bonked from Buck Creek to Sun Top but was able to recover enough to get down and across the finish line.

Jason Says:

29 July 2009 at 1:33 pm.

You helped me out a ton man. And although I did not set a PR, I still ran 50 miles further than when I weighed 307 lbs. HAHAHAHA But seriously, running with you especially in the skookum flats sections was a great joy and it added much to my experience of this ultra. Thanks again. And I did look for ya at the finish but then decided to just lay down and enjoy the others finishing. Great job on breaking 12 hours.

Jason Says:

29 July 2009 at 1:34 pm.

Oh yeah, awesome video too!! :)

Cecile Says:

30 July 2009 at 8:42 pm.

I loved the video you made on the 50 miler. I saw it on Jason’s blog. It was amazing to see how dedicated you guys are and all the struggles you have to endure. Jason tells us about it but seeing it really makes it real. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Activities: Year to Date

Distances
Bike: 488 miles
Run : 176 miles
Walk: 34 miles
Hours of Activity
 Bike: 29.5 - 32.0%
 Run : 37.6 - 40.7%
 Strength: 4.8 - 5.1%
 Flex: 4.0 - 4.4%
 Walk: 11.5 - 12.4%
 Other: 5.0 - 5.4%
  Total:92.3

Activities: Last Year

Distances
Bike: 896 miles
Run : 201 miles
Walk: 15 miles
Swim: 21,342 meters
Hours of Activity
 Bike: 47.9 - 39.3%
 Swim: 7.3 - 6.0%
 Run : 28.4 - 23.3%
 Strength: 25.9 - 21.3%
 Flex: 4.5 - 3.7%